Atomos Shogun 7 HDR Pro/Cinema Monitor-Recorder-Switcher
We'll be glad to hear from you
Please click on inquiry below to book or learn more about this product
Monitor, record, and switch in the field with the 7", 1920 x 1200 Shogun 7 HDR Pro from Atomos. This versatile on-camera recording monitor offers up to DCI 4K raw recording, HDMI and 12/6/3G-SDI inputs/outputs. With the AtomOS 10.4 firmware update, the Shogun 7 provides ISO recording of up to four HD-SDI camera streams plus program capture. Output your content for director or client viewing in Dolby Vision HDR using the Shogun 7, AtomOS10 platform, and a compatible display.
This touchscreen monitor supports resolutions up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 60p and up to 2K at 240p for slow-motion effects. Record to 2.5" SSDs using Apple ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (up to 30p), and Avid DNxHD codecs. Record all your event's action with live multicamera monitoring, recording, and switching between program and up to four 1080p60 SDI ISO camera streams. When used with Final Cut Pro, a fully configurable, multicam .xml can be generated for easier editing.
The Shogun 7's 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel features 360-zone backlight, 3000 cd/m² brightness, and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. Its native AtomHDR (log) display enables you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. Built-in presets accurately translate popular log formats from ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras.
Save editing time by tagging your footage on-the-fly and recording directly to Final Cut Pro x, Adobe Premiere, or Avid Media Composer formats (third-party plug-ins may be required for tagging).
Power the Shogun Inferno with a single Sony L-series battery; dual battery plates support hot swapping, enabling longer uninterrupted runtimes. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with +48V phantom power via a separately available audio breakout cable. Additional Shogun 7 features include genlock input, BNC timecode input, SDI/HDMI cross conversion, and a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, focus assist, and other display tools.
- 1920 x 1280 resolution
- 7" LCD screen with 360-zone backlight
- 10-bit (8+2 FRC) monitoring processing
- 3000 cd/m² brightness
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (with zone backlight on)
- Output using Dolby Vision HDR
- Atom HDR technology displays native HDR (log) display footage
- Log gamma viewing presets for ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras
- Custom 3D LUT support (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x
- UHD 4K downscale for HD monitoring
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs/outputs
- Four 3G-SDI or dual 12G-SDI inputs
- SDI/HDMI cross conversion
- Separately available audio breakout cable for XLR audio input
Recording & Switching
- Up to DCI 4K60 recording in ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (4K30), or DNxHD
- Live switch up to four ISO HD camera feeds with AtomOS 10.4 update
- Generates a multicam .xml for easier editing in Final Cut Pro
- 5-channel capture with four ISO feeds plus program
- Slow-motion recording up to 1080p at 240 fps
- Record to 2.5" SSD/HDD media using the included Master Caddy II
- Pre-roll record (8 seconds in HD, 2 seconds in 4K)
- Ten metadata fields
- Dual Sony L-series battery slots support hot swapping for continuous power
- Record 4K30p up to 2.2 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 7800mAh batteries
- Record 4K30p up to 1.5 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 5200mAh batteries
- Top and bottom 1/4"-20 mounting threads
- 3.5mm headphone output port